Friday, September 19, 2008

Better mornings and nights

I'm on a quest for better morning’s and better nights
Have you seen them?
Which way do I turn?
And is there a possibility that I will get burned?

My mother warned me in this world there’s no such thing as friends
Sad, but it's looking true.
And when your pockets are low
Nobody comes through.
Scary!
So I'm out here on my own kicking up dust, but you don't hear me.
Meditating over red wine, staring at photos of black crows;
Plus, nobody knows the evil that resides
Flashbacks of my high school years…
Memories of being terrorized
Waking up poor;
I can't deal with this any more.
Disgusted by my role-models
"Why the heck did my father leave?"
Am I to blame? Did I cause the pain?
Locked in the bathroom
Teary eyed wondering if it will ever change.
Yes!
The eyes of the blind can see that I'm hurting
Wishful thinking of better morning's and nights
Until I find them, I'm steady searching.
Yes! The eyes of the blind can see that you're hurting
Wishful thinking of better morning's and better nights
Until you find them, do not stop searching...

No comments: